Thanks to a partnership with Polygon Gaming, a StarCraft 2 clan that has been supporting my development efforts on S.C.R.A.P. for over a year, I am proud to announce that SCRAP will be having its first tournament on September 14, 2017, starting at 8:30PM Eastern time.
Dubbed “S.C.R.A.P. September”, the event will be single-elimination and has a prize pool of $75 at this moment, with $50 going to the first place contestant. The event has a Matcherino donation page as well, so there’s the possibility of the prize pool increasing.
Visit the tournament’s Challonge page to sign up. You might like S.C.R.A.P. if you enjoy:
- a focus on territory control
- RTS with a lower unit count and a big focus on tactical combat and harassment
- mobile army production not tied to static structures
- smelting down the burned out husks of the enemy army and using them to bolster your own war machine
On the start date, check out the PolygonSC2 Twitch stream to watch live! Subscribe to them now to get a notification when the tournament starts.
In preparation for the tournament, I will be releasing a series of content and balance patches on September 1 and September 8, including changes and fixes like:
- Scrap (resources) will no longer block Power Nodes or Generator Wrecks. When unites die near these, the Scrap they generate will be pushed a short distance away
- Players can observe matches now as Spectators
- When a player quits a match, their opponent will correctly be awarded Victory
- The Dendrite Imbuer unit will now convert units slightly more quickly
I hope to see you on the battlefield!